Today I will share with you a tasty pesto recipe to enjoy with pasta or spaghetti for a fast lunch or a fast dinner.
Since this year we started to care for our own plants on our terrace, and since this came to us with a big reward, and that is we do have a lot of plants on our terrace, including herbs and berries or tomatoes. So this year I started to cook and to experience a lot of new recipes I did not experiment till now. One of them is the basil pesto recipe: I must admit I never prepare any pesto at home, I always bought it from the supermarkets, but this year since we had a wide range of herbs on our terrace including basil, I decided to give it a try. So here is my recipe for the basil homemade pesto:
- 100 grams Fresh Basil
- 50 grams Walnuts
- 50 grams Pine Nuts
- Juice from Half a Lemon
- 1 Clove of Jumbo Garlic
- 100 ml Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Peel the basil leaves from the basil branch and washing it with cold water.
- Mix the basil leaves with the oil, the walnuts, the pine nuts, the lemon juice, the garlic and the olive oil in a bowl. Use a mixer to mash all the components until you get a smooth pesto composition.
- Add the pesto in small glass jars and close them with lids.
- Add the jars in a pot with boiling water and cook the jars for 30 minutes at medium heat. This step is needed so as to preserve the pesto for longer time as a couple of months.
- Usually if you use cheese in your pesto, then this will not last longer than 2 to 3 months. After opening the pesto jars, keep them in the fridge.
Enjoy the recipe and sincerely yours,