Today I will share with you another delicious breakfast recipe, and that is the ricotta pancakes with cinnamon and apples.
Since we still have autumn and thus the apples season, here is a great idea for a tasty breakfast recipe: ricotta pancakes with cinnamon and apples (or any other fruits of your choice). It is a delicious recipe, that is easy and fast to prepare, and that will definitely offer you a great start to your day. I love any type of pancakes and these ricotta pancakes are just delicious.
- Ingredients (for about 10 portions):
- 120 grams Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 10 grams Baking Soda
- (Optional) 1 Spoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 250 grams Ricotta Cheese
- 120 ml Milk
- Coconut Oil (for Frying)
- Cinnamon and Apples for Toppings
- Mix the flour with the salt, baking soda and (optionally) the sugar. I usually prepare the pancakes without sugar in the dough and then add maple syrup as topping at the end (see the hints section below). Still if you do not like maple syrup as topping, you may want to add the brown sugar to the dough.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and put them on a side.
- In another bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese with the 2 egg yolks and the milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture and stir them together until they become homogeneous. Add the egg whites to the composition and mix them.
- Fry the pancakes into a frying pan using coconut oil. Fry each pancake on each side for about 3-5 minutes until each side becomes brown. While still warm, add on the pancake the apple pieces (or any other fruits of your choice).
- Serve the pancakes while still warm with cinnamon or powder sugar.
- You can add maple syrup as extra topping to the pancakes as well. They will be even more delicious. Just have a look below (my version is without the brown sugar in the dough and without the powder sugar as topping 🙂 ).
I hope you will enjoy the recipe just as much as I do!